Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I've been reading a bunch of threads about determining what mutations you have in your flock, but I still can't tell. Heh.

I was hoping you guys wouldn't mind taking a peep at my beebs and telling me what you thought I had. I think Ira and Issa are normals. To me, Esche looks like a Clearflight, Izzie is a yellowface, Splat is a pied or mottled, and I have no idea about Eli.

You can find their pictures here:

http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=66503

Thanks!

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Ok I would say:
Ira - Normal Light Green ****

Issa - Normal Skyblue ****

Izza - Yellowface type 2 Dominant Pied Skyblue ****

Esche - looks like it could be a Clearflight Pied Green Hen, however a better picture of the back and one of the front would help.

Eli - Again would like better pictures, some in focus that show the true colour would be good also front and back.
There is pied and what looks to be greywing, not sure on colour yet, what is the colour like?

Splat - Again pictures of the front and back. There is pied and looks to be a dark green but not sure which shade, how old is this hen?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will work on getting better photos -- they make it so hard, zooming all around the cage and the room! hehe.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's an attempt at better photos.

Eli is shy and doesn't like the camera's flash, LOL

Esche moves around a lot, but I tried!

And Splat will pose for pictures as long as I don't shoot her from dead ahead:

We think Splat is about a year. She was a pet store bird.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow!! They are soo precious! and what a beautiful feathers they have...how did u manage them?I'm a newbie so I need lots of advise...how would I maintain their feathers?

·
Registered
45 Posts
thanx :) I have a white budgie..and it was dirty when I got her..ohh her name is Gracie..what would I do with the dirt?can i give them a bath?she is not tame tho...and it is a rainy seasons now and then..

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Ira – Normal light green
Issa – Normal sky blue
Izzie - Yellow face dominant pied cobalt
Esche – Could be a clearflight pied light green but more likely a dominant pied
Eli – Dominant pied greywing cobalt grey. (the greywing gene dilutes the body colour)
Splat – Opaline dominant pied olive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.