Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of mutation she is, but she's definitely a girl :) Her cere is turning brown, meaning she's coming into condition.

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Idont know either but what a beauty. I love the wing pattern. I can't wait to find out what it is.

Rick

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
She is just stunning! I'm sorry, I'm not very helpful when it comes to guessing mutations but she definitely looks like a girl to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you!

Thanks guys we picked her coz she was rubbing up against another budgie so we thought she'd be very friendly

thanks nice to know you all say its a girl as i wasn't to sure my other budgie is a normal grey he is easy to determin but this one seems a lil difficult lol i hope someone can tell me what mutation she is!
and you all have such pretty birds

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks guys we picked her coz she was rubbing up against another budgie so we thought she'd be very friendly

thanks nice to know you all say its a girl as i wasn't to sure my other budgie is a normal grey he is easy to determin but this one seems a lil difficult lol i hope someone can tell me what mutation she is!
and you all have such pretty birds
No problem :) I think you have a yellow face budgie, but I was never good at guessing mutations in budgies.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Whatever her mutation is, she is very pretty! Someone will be a long shortly and will be able to tell you!

Lisa

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
She is either a yellow face dilute sky blue or a yellow face cinnamon greywing sky blue. When the cinnamon gene is combined with the greywing gene the result often looks like a dilute.
In some of the pictures she looks opaline as well but with such light markings it's hard to be sure

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
My guess is a Spangle, Yellowface type I and a clearflight. I'm still learning about the mutations, but that is my best guess.
It's good to hear that you are learning about mutations. Here are a couple of points that might help.

If you look closely at the photos (particularly the last one) you will see that the markings are faded not narrow like a spangle would be marked. Also looking at the flight feathers you can see that they are light grey not clear white or yellow like the flight feathers of a clearflight pied. You are right about the yellow face type

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.