Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
it depends....;) there are a few varieties that cause brown or grey markings. and some will cause very pale body colour too so the best idea would be to get us a photo.

·
Heavy Metal Pirate
5,493 Posts
Yeah, like my Tim is a Lacewing even though he looks more like an albino. There are also various types of grey bars, like greywing is different from a clearbody, etc. :D

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
baby is only three months old so i don't know if the color will change or anything. i will get some pics in a few and post them!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awright. Here we go. I know I did a hatchet job on the clip. I got about two in and was felt bad so just did a few on the other wing and quit. Maybe is eating and drinking but still stressed. I did not use a flash for this reason and lightened them in post. I know the pics are LOUSY, so sorry. He/She is actually a quite bit lighter than this. The blue is a true palest baby blue.

So, whaddya think? What type? A boy?

I gotta get those nails next. The person (who is nice but....) tried to give me FOUR babies, a long haired chicken and a bunny too..... LOL

·
Registered
831 Posts
Awww!! He/she is SO pretty! :) Sorry I can't really tell the gender, looks like there might be a bit of white on his/her cere. What did you take the picture with? If you have good lighting and a camera, you can go on macro mode and take close up pictures without flash. Then they won't look as grainy.

Here's a website with a great mutations guide in case you've never seen it:
http://***************/colorsguide.html

I agree with everyone else who said greywing, clearwing, or dilute. I think he's more likely a greywing or a dilute though, since you said he's the palest blue. Beautifiul budgie :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do have macro but he's so sketched i wanted to zoom. In a few weeks I'll be able to get better. Gosh. I really hope he's not a girl.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I do have macro but he's so sketched i wanted to zoom. In a few weeks I'll be able to get better. Gosh. I really hope he's not a girl.
Haha aww why not? I wanted a boy at first too but I thought you couldn't tell a budgie's gender before his/her first molt, so I just got a budgie with a lot of blue in its cere and it turned out she was a girl. But she was a real sweetheart :) ...... until I got another budgie. And another. Aaaaand another. I tried to give her more attention to show that I still love her but I think she's just a little jealous. And sometimes when I give her a finger to step up on she'll bite and chew and it hurts! But I think she's only aggressive because she was the first bird in the house and she thinks everything is hers and she doesn't like to share :p But when she bites me I think she wants me to leave so I don't know how to work with her if she keeps pushing me away... </3

Here's a video of her before I got a second budgie :)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI0phGIFkHU"]YouTube - Maui Enjoying A Neck Rub[/nomedia]

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Opaline greywing sky blue. Looks like a male in these pictures but they are not clear enough to be sure

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm just trying to get by budgie's into a place where they have more interactions with other birds and not so much me. I have a pet bird. I want to watch them be birds, if that makes any sense?

I really just love to watch them and I worry a female will mess up the dynamic.

I mean it's no biggie, really, just buy another cage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.