Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was just wondering what would be the outcome if you pair up a Fallow Opaline blue **** with an albino hen,

thanks,

G

·
All sex-linked varieties present in **** and hen - fallow/opaline/albino. Probably fallow and opaline for baby females and normal blue split for albino for baby males. Too complicated. Better let the experts handle this pairing.

Can have a pic to show the fallow, very rare to see it here ?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Im not 100% but at the very far reaches of my brain, i think i can recall reading somewhere that fallow x ino gives some unusual results. Something about the apparent genetic similarity between the two mutations.

I couldnt rightly comment as i dont recall the details of the breeding outcomes. I may be able to find it again, but i should be studying right now :eek:

G

·
I did some research. Fallows have 2 types, either English Fallow or German Fallows. Which one is yours ?

There are two varieties, namely, the English Fallow, which has plum-coloured eyes without an iris, they are non sex-linked. The other is the German Fallow which also have the plum eyes, but they have an iris and they are sex-linked.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
As has been said there are several types of fallows. Most are recessive in their breeding patterns. So the gene would need to come from both parents to get any fallow chicks. The albino mutation is sex-linked so to get any ino chicks the gene would have to be carried by the male

The result of the pairing you suggest would be:
Normal cocks split for fallow, ino & opaline
Opaline hens split for fallow.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As has been said there are several types of fallows. Most are recessive in their breeding patterns. So the gene would need to come from both parents to get any fallow chicks. The albino mutation is sex-linked so to get any ino chicks the gene would have to be carried by the male

The result of the pairing you suggest would be:
Normal cocks split for fallow, ino & opaline
Opaline hens split for fallow.
Hi Nev,

The first chick has hatched and it has red eyes what do you think it is fallow or albino

thanks, will keep updated when others hatch,

Neeraj

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Hi Nev,

The first chick has hatched and it has red eyes what do you think it is fallow or albino

thanks, will keep updated when others hatch,

Neeraj
That's good news, it means that one of your pair is split for the others mutation. It will be interesting to see which it is

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's good news, it means that one of your pair is split for the others mutation. It will be interesting to see which it is
Hi Nev,

Second chick also has red eyes, it is getting interesting will keep u posted.

thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
OOooh :D I think this occasion calls for pictures!:p Especially when you start seeing feathers comming through! Hehehe, in any case good luck with your new babies :XD::baby::baby:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is a picture of the Male Fallow,

Is he a fallow or lacewing?

It is a friend's bird , he does not have any visual fallows or lacewings this one came from a split pair at first he thought it was a lacewing but when it became a male we decided it was a fallow, and was paired to an albino hen and have produced three chicks 2 with red eyes and one normal,

My friend says that the first red eyed chick is feathering up and looks like a fallow, he does not know albino's parents but it was also bred by him?

so he is confused whether the male is a Fallow or lacewing, what do you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Nev,

What is the possibility of getting a male lacewing without any visual lacewings.

Wouldn't lacewing split cocks produce only female lacewings?

Could you please explain

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.