Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First off I would like to thank everyone that replied to my last post! It was really interesting hearing what color Tucker is. I am also curious what color Gem is and if there is any color mutaitons effecting her.

She's just a baby. I'm guessing she's about 3-4 months old. Maybe a little younger. Her eyes are still fairly dark. Her markings aren't black but they aren't as light as the greywings I've seen pictures of. What color is she please?

Thank you for your help! I'm having fun learning about budgie color.

---- Kimberley Smith

Attachments

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
I am switching between normal and cinnamon, the markings look a bit light to be normals but not quite right to be cinnamon.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I agree with light green. She could be a greywing, I have a **** who is a greywing and his markings are just as dark, I know for sure he is greywing because I got greywing chicks from him ;)

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
She cant be a normal her cheek patches are not right for that... I am leaning more to cinnamon than greywing but that is a possibility too :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all! Hmmm... maybe after she's old enough her babies could give us a clue? But then then the male could also throw his own interesting color quirks in too I'm guessing. lol. Ooooo, maybe I can look a cinnamon male to pair up with Gem. The fun part now is I can keep my eye out for beautiful budgies and enjoy them while they're young and learn all I can in the mean time. It'll be at least 4-6 + months before I can put any in the breeding cages.

----- Kimberley Smith

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Thank you all! Hmmm... maybe after she's old enough her babies could give us a clue? But then then the male could also throw his own interesting color quirks in too I'm guessing. lol. Ooooo, maybe I can look a cinnamon to pair up with Gem. The fun part now is I can keep my eye out for beautiful budgies and enjoy them while they're young and learn all I can in the mean time. It'll be at least 4-6 + months before I can put any in the breeding cages.

----- Kimberley Smith
I don't see any iris - how old is this little beautie?

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Realistically you need to be waiting until she is about 18 months (min of 1 year) before thinking about her breeding - due to the complications that can be incurred - my opinion of course :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ohh okay, so 18 months is much better than a year? I've heard to many opinions. Does having them wait that long lessen the chances for egg binding? I've been reading about that and it's one of my worries. :) Sorry for cutting in another question. hehe. So much to learn.

----- Kimberley Smith

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.