Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I already have a rainbow hen La fiesta. I am going to buy a rainbow **** on Thursday. I'm so excited but I have a few questions. Both birds have the recessive spot on the back of their head. What percentage of the babies will come out recessive peid? Here is a pic of La fiesta, I will have a pic of my new **** as soon as I get him home.

He is so beautiful! I will have to wait untill next breeding season to see the what the babies will look like.

The couple

New male

La fiesta famale

http://sitebuilder.yola.com/sites/D...a2050011d65206c82372f/resources/100_15691.jpg

·
Registered
458 Posts
Since both birds will be split for Rec. Pied..then 25% of the chicks will be Recessive Pied, 25% split to it, and 50% normal..I think.

·
Registered
75 Posts
sigh.it kills me to look at such a pretty bird.i really want one.
Me too lol. That is the most gorgeous bird I have ever seen! My little sprite is pretty cute but he would love to have a brother/sister that looks like that.:p

·
Registered
162 Posts
He is quite beautiful! I'd like to see the babies they come up with!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The spot on your new bird's head is because he is a dominant pied, not because he is split to recessive pied (though it is possible that he could be split as well). Your hen could be clearflight pied which would account for the spot on her head. but without all her flight feathers it's hard to tell. The hen appears to be a rainbow with clearflight pied added. I think the **** is yellow face opaline greywing dominant pied. They should produce very colourful chicks. If you are going to breed them when they are old enough you will need to let their wing feathers grow otherwise they may not mate successfully

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.