Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry I don't have a picture yet, but if anyone could give me their best guess... that would be really helpful to me. I will post pictures, but I don't have her yet! lol

She is mostly white including her wings with flecks of mauve in her. It's very dilute, and her wings are also just like her body (no black striping) she almost looks like a spangle but it's hard to tell when there is very little body color. Black eyes. The white covers about 96% of her body with the remaining being sparse random dilute color.

Any suggestions or guesses would be helpful, but again, at this time, I can't get pictures yet!

Thank you!! I appreciate any and all guesses!:D

·
Registered
5,557 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
She is about 8 months and she looks like a dilute version of this if this helps (not actually her) I got this picture off the Budgie/Parakeet Colors and Mutations under the Spangle (although she is not actually a spangle like the picture). Also, she is getting slightly darker (her color is coming out) since I've gotten her earlier today.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
She is about 8 months and she looks like a dilute version of this if this helps (not actually her) I got this picture off the Budgie/Parakeet Colors and Mutations under the Spangle (although she is not actually a spangle like the picture). Also, she is getting slightly darker (her color is coming out) since I've gotten her earlier today.
It is probably better if you get a photo. Your description sounds recessive pied, but she could be another mutation.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
She is a sky blue dilute. I think she is also opaline but would need a better picture of her back to be sure

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Could also seek out the tiny chips at paint stores that show colors for practically anything you may want to paint, or look at to compare colors.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm almost positive she's not sky because she's darker than that, almost a grey, I think it's the light I have her under and my camera that might make her look lighter, although the amount of pigment definitely shows up with this camera.

However, she could be a sky with grey genes?

Thank you!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think it would be great if she were opaline, I'm not so good at the mutations, I do wish I could show a better picture of her colors, though! I'd really like to get one of my male's "back of the head" photos, I think he may also be opaline, crossing the two would be very pretty I think. But we will see.

Thanks so much to everyone who's been suggesting, it's really helping!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.