Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I breed 2 of my birds last year. I got 3 girls and 2 boys. I sold the 2 boys already. The three girls all had the same cere. It was whiteish. Well 2 of them (Kiki and Kara) are now now blue...Sierras is turning brown now. I am so confused! I thought they were all girls. Here are pictures

Sierra

Kara

Kara

Kiki

Sierra

Sierra

Are they boys? I am so confused. Please help

Here is when they were younger

·
Registered
178 Posts
If the mother wasn't opaline you wouldn't have had any male opalines but she is. It also tells us that the father is carrying opaline either split or visual but the rec pied may be masking it.If he wasn't none of the chicks(both male and female) would have been opaline so the opaline doesn't tell us their gender.I've read that cere colour in young budgies changes but don't know much more.

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks so much. i went ahead and gave the males new names which are cody and russel. i took a head shot of each bird so i could see their face markings, printed all 4 of them off and labled them Flash, Sierra, Russel, and Cody. I feel like a bad owner for having to do that but the boys are such alike and my 2 girls are too. Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.