Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need info on greygreens - how to identify them, especially as babies - colour of feet, down feathers and cheeck patches. Thanks.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Grey green chicks usually have dark colored down & feet but as many other chicks have dark down & feet it won't help much identifying them in the nest

When identifying grey green budgies remember that grey is a color adding factor so if it is added to a light green it will look quite different than if it is added to dark green or olive. A grey green budgie will have silver or blue cheek patches and the main tail feathers will be black. They can be distinguished from olives because an olive will have purple or violet cheek patches and a dark navy blue tail.

Confusion can arise if a budgie has both the grey and violet mutations because violet will influence the shade of the tail & the cheek patches

·
Registered
170 Posts
also... please could you tell me how old is he..??
i got him 1 month ago... and he has the bars on his head... but also he is starting to get an iris... so i'm like really confused... :S
thnx again... :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
hi..
i thought my budgie was a grey green... but now i think he might have violet too...
please take a look...
and please tell me other ways to identify...
thnx.. :)
Sorry but your pictures are not clear enough to be sure about the color. From what I can see it looks like an opaline olive female. Your bird is probably between 2 and 4 months old

·
Registered
170 Posts
thank you Nev... :)
and as for the pics, sorry :( don't have a very good quality cam right now...
and... i thought she was a he... :(
but really thanx... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.