Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so... I have 4 birds haha but I just couldn't pass this little lovely up!

I adopted this Linnie last Friday night. She was listed on CL, her owners are about my age and just had premature twin boys, they were afraid that she was not going to get the attention she was used to once the babies came home (they were still in the hospital) so they were looking for a home where she would get what she needed... aka ME! :D :D :D the wife and I hit it off, we have lots in common (we both LOVE animals!) and I hope we keep in touch. They named her Luna, but I don't think we are keeping that name. So without further a due, here is our newest addition :)

She is fully tame and about a year old. She is another little special needs girl, she has a deformed foot (one of her back toes faces forward on her left foot) and I think she might have had slightly splayed legs as a chick because they tend to extend outward more than not. She gets around fine though, she is an excellent climber :) and she loves to hang upside down! she is like a little bat, sometimes she will take naps upside down :laughing:

this is her bad foot (she needs a nail trim badly but I didn't want to stress her out too much when she was adjusting)

she is also molting so her feathers are not in pristine condition. But we love her already! she is the sweetest thing and she makes the cutest little peep noises :) although her calls are LOUD! whoever said linnies are quiet aren't exactly correct :rolleyes: so, yeah :) I have a linnie. Thanks for looking!

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
Congratulations on your latest arrival, she's beautiful and very lucky to have been adopted by you! Best of luck with your new little friend. :)

Reactions: BirdCrazyJill

·
Servant of The King
12,008 Posts
Who deleted my post in your other thread....I know I posted it was a Linnie....:D
Congrat's Jill...beautiful little bird, and a great addition to your flock...:)

Reactions: BirdCrazyJill

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone!! I have no idea what we are going to name her (we didn't even really name Chewy until she was like 6 months old :eek: ) we have been calling her Kissy Girl because she makes kiss noises :p she also says "bird" and "big bird", I guess she doesn't know how small she is! :giggle:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Congratulations! She is very pretty :) And yes, linnies do have a loud call. They can make a lot of noise if they have a mind to.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.