Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Besides having an undieing love for my budgies, my heart also belongs to my other feathered friends which I'll be introducing over the next few days. Tonight I'd like you all to meet my Congo Grey Ruby. I've had her for about 6yrs now, I got her when she was 14mos old as a second hand bird. When I got her she didn't talk but she made the most annoying call of a cockatiel except LOUD I mean real loud. Luckily we were able to totally ignore the behavior and within a few weeks that behavior no longer existed(thankfully)

Grey's are the comedians of my house, they just crack me up. Nothing gets by a Greys they see & hear everything. Their like a big sponge absorbing it all much like a child. People wonder how we live with the noise, but compared to other parrots their really not that loud and we're so use to it we don't really notice. Actually honestly my house wouldn't feel like home w/o their talking & crazy household sound effects.

T

Attachments

Reactions: Jonah

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
It's great to meet your Ruby, she does appear to be very curious indeed!
I will be waiting for more pics of all your other birdies. :D

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
What a nice looking bird...thx for sharing...:)

·
Member of the Month April 2014
3,537 Posts
RUBY WANTS A CRACKER! :D

I'm sure she's quite a handful, Tina.;) I'm also a big fan of African Greys. The bird store where I use to work sell them as handfed babies and they are the best talkers, and their speech sound more people-like than other parrots. From my experience, they're also much less noisy than cockatoos and macaws.

I envy you so much :D

·
Member of the Month July 2013
4,150 Posts
:love: Your Ruby is stunning - and wayyyyyy bigger than my Ruby! (Mine is a Bourke's Parakeet, so she's tiny!).

If I ever get a bigger parrot, it would be an African Grey. For now though, my little buddy Mista would be so upset!

I'm like you in the "what noise"? aspect of having birds! :giggle:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.