Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave Ella back to the store and picked up Autumn.

By the way, when I noticed her at the pet store, she seemed healthy and no tail bobbing....but her tail is bobbing slightly now. Is this normal with new budgies, because I haven't seen any of my other 4 budgies do it when they were new?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
FB greywing is difficult for me to see, but I think that your bird is a normal greywing cobalt. I know how you feel when nobody answers your question, but hang in there someone - Nev, Lindsey and others - will answer sooner or later.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FB greywing is difficult for me to see, but I think that your bird is a normal greywing cobalt. I know how you feel when nobody answers your question, but hang in there someone - Nev, Lindsey and others - will answer sooner or later.
Thank you.

Winter looks a lot different from her...he has white between his grey stripes but she has the whole wing grey or slightly brownish.

·
Registered
42 Posts
She is a skyblue greywing…

Tail bobbing can also be a sign of her adjusting to her new perch...
or perhaps being alert...

could be normal in your case since she is new...

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
She is a greywing. Because the greywing gene lightens the body color she could be cobalt not sky blue.

I thought I saw somewhere that you asked what she would produce mated to a full body greywing violet but I can't find the thread again.

Mated to a full body greywing single factor violet greywing you can expect:
25% greywing blue
25% greywing violet
25% full body greywing blue
25% full body greywing violet
(provided the birds are not split for dilute or anything else)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She is a greywing. Because the greywing gene lightens the body color she could be cobalt not sky blue.

I thought I saw somewhere that you asked what she would produce mated to a full body greywing violet but I can't find the thread again.

25% greywing blue
25% greywing violet
Thank you so much Nev.

I posted that thread in another budgie forum, where I wanted to know what the outcome will be if she was mated to my FBC Greywing Violet Cobalt. He's not only violet, that's why.

Also someone from that forum said:

It seems to be greywing on first look BUT a greywing has a grey tail quill and yours hasnt.
What do you have to say about that?

Thank you once again. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts

25% greywing blue
25% greywing violet
Thanks for that Nev...
I always admire you...
And I learned a new thing here...

:budgie:

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I would have guessed she is a greywing too :) In some pictures she looks a bit darker and some lighter so I would bellieve cobalt or sky blue is possible.

It seems to be greywing on first look BUT a greywing has a grey tail quill and yours hasnt.
Just because a budgie does not exhibit all of the characteristics we look for in a mutation that does not mean that they are not that mutation ;) Most birds do not fit the exact ideal that they should and that is the point of selective breeding and trying to get our birds to match the standard as much as possible :) If all of the budgies fit this there would not be so many trying to breed for these qualities ;) You need to look at the bird as a whole when trying to figure out what they actually are.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.