Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
This is my oldest baby from my 7 babies.. I want to know his type, is he a normal geren budgie or is he another mutation...
Here are some pictures of his parents and himself....

-- His parents

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
I think he is a sky blue. I have a budgie that looks like that. Blue at the base and green at the top and he is a yellow face type 2 sky blue spangle :)

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
the mom is green pied, the dad is Sky blue so unless the mom is split to blue all babies will be green split to blue - because Green is dominant over Blue

and since the mom is Dominant Pied you'll also get Dominant Pied babies because its dominant over Normal (non pied)

and this baby is Normal green - you can tell by the markings on the wings and the yellow face if it was a blue based There would be no yellow outline on the tips of the wings - that is how the Normal green wing markings are.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The chick is a normal light green which is the original colour of the wild type. It is quite common for green chicks to have some blueish feathers on the lower body

The dad is a normal sky blue & the mum looks like an opaline recessive pied light green but the picture doesn't show her very clearly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.