Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all :)

I know this chick is still young but what do you think he is?
The parents are a recessive pied sky blue hen and DEC yellow ****.
The blue is much pailer than the mothers and the wing and tail markings are greyish lavender in color. Does he have grey wing or something else mixed in too? The other recessive pied chick in the clutch is starting to feather out and hes not as light like the other one I dont think, but his dark wing feathers that are coming in arent black they look dark grey/green, I dont know if you can see it in the pics or not.

This is their first clutch and I didnt expect a chick that color from these parents.. gotta love the genetic suprises! What does this tell me about the parents genetics?

Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The chick is recessive pied greywing and I wouldn't be surprised if it was opaline as well

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
I have no head for genetics. But I can tell you that your babies are gorgeous! :D

Man on man you have some pretty babies!!

·
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you Kay! I have been waiting a year and a half to have these babys. I love dark eyed clears and the greywing recessive pied is a welcome suprise =)

·
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm glad to finally know what he is =) What do you think the parents are then to have a greywing chick? both splits to greywing? its probably hard to know because 3 of the 5 babies are DEC and you cant tell what they are

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.