Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so today is the 3rd day we had our baby budgie, and when we checked up on him today he was doing somersaults at the bottom of the cage! He did this by grabbing the bottom of the cage wall with his beak and using his feet to tip him over.....do budgies do this? None of my other budgies ever did anything like this before.

·
Member of the Month May 2015
2,226 Posts
My Kalle did that too when I got him and stopped doing it when he got a few weeks older. I wouldn't worry about it. I think it's just playfulness or a displacement activity!:)

·
Registered
566 Posts
My budgie did that when she was very young. I don't think it's anything to worry about. They like to play - even upside down :)

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
Kelsey, I think your budgie is displaying all the sign's of young bird learning to cope with being away from the flock environment. I am betting you are going to have a nice little friend who bond's real well with you. Would love to see a pic or two...:)

Reactions: Kelsey and nuxi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kelsey, I think your budgie is displaying all the sign's of young bird learning to cope with being away from the flock environment. I am betting you are going to have a nice little friend who bond's real well with you. Would love to see a pic or two...:)
Thanks :) I really hope so too. I want us to become the best of friends someday

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks :) I really hope so too. I want us to become the best of friends someday
Hey Jonah, sorry to bother you...but I was wondering...what exactly are all the signs of young bird learning to cope with being away from the flock environment? Just curious....:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.