Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the chicks are starting to show colour now, at first i thought they was grey but there is deffinately a blue colour there now as they get longer. However its a very pastel colour blue very faint to see which is why im thinking maybe there dilutes, its possible as mums greywing which means she could be split for dilute (as one greywing plus one dilute equals greywing so ive read) so its possible if dads split for dilute to theres a fair chance of this. however the ends of their wings are dark black colour like normal budgies not diluted like in dilutes, so im confused, any suggestions, i cant post any pics for a few weeks unfortunately but any suggestions are welcome

·
Registered
75 Posts
hi,if both parents are split for dilute,chicks may be dilute,but with dark black color at the end of their wings?Maybe they are too young to see really their colors,or maybe one new mutation?I will stand for your pics to tell more,good luck

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
If there are dark markings on their wings they are not dilute or greywing. They could be grey with no dark factor. (Blue often shows through on a grey bird). Looking forward to the pictures

·
(retired budgie breeder)
3,772 Posts
LOL... you posting this made me realize where i know Barrie from!

Beautiful markings on that bird!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.