Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
spɹıq ɹoɟ slɐǝɥ
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The lastest chicks that have fledged are confusing me greatly...

Three out of the four have very blue nostrils and one has the typical white 'hen' cere...

The father is a Type II Golden Face Sky blue Opaline and the Mum is a sky blue opaline spangle...

But is it possible to get so many boys?

Thanks in advance for your help...

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Absolutely :) Even with a 50/50 chance its possible a hen can only ever have boys in a clutch, or girls. Its just the way the dice falls :)

·
spɹıq ɹoɟ slɐǝɥ
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good news Dean... Cause everyone wants boys aye? lol

I'm glad that my eyes are playing tricks on me...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
As was stated before you can end up with more of one sex than another. Gald it worked out well for you with more cocks! Cocks make way better pets than hens.

One year my old show partner ended up producing 26 cocks and 3 hens. :eek: NOT good when you are breeding for exhibition it REALLY puts a crimp in your next years breeding program!! She chaned out her lighting system and the next year produced a much higher number of hens to cocks.

·
Registered
297 Posts
NOt sure about budgies but my tiels produced 5 males and only 1 female in last year's clutch ;)
Looking forward to what's going to happen this spring :D not much longer now, can't wait for the next clutch, they are so cute and fuzzy and adorable :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.