Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Its been long time since I posted a thread, but I am always around reading;)

Anyway, I have a normal skyblue **** and a skyblue spangle hen

These two produced me in the first round 6 sky blue chicks (hens & cocks)

Second round produced 5 chicks (2 normal skyblue and 3 spangle skyblue)

Thired round produced 7 chicks (2 normal skyblue, 3 spangle skyblue, 1 clearbody skyblue, 1 spangle clearbody sky blue)

Now how it is possible I got 2 clearbodies, I am sure the **** is not split for clearbody cause if he is, all hens would have been clearbody...

I would attach some photos tomorrow....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here are the pictures

the last are shot with flash

First Clearbody

With flash

Second one, seems to me a spangle clearbody

with flash

and I think both of them are males....

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
How can I see the pics? All that I see is an ice cube with a frog inside. The message say register to view image, but where do I register?

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Basic Genetics of a clear body

Basic Genetics:
Normal - sex-linked (x-chromosome), dominant to Clearbody - sex-linked, dominant to
Ino - sex-linked recessive

just because you got a couple now does not mean he isn't split to it - I've had males split to cinnamon and not get any cinnamon's from them until their 8th or 9th clutch (with different females none of who was cinnamon)

some times a bird can be split to a mutation and it just never show up but it'll show up down the line with their babies.

I've had it happen also with males split to Opaline and Ino as well.

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
The **** bird is split for clearbody which is how these chicks have been produced, they are both hens as they can only be as clearbody is a sex linked gene and the hen is not a clearbody.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FaeryBee

Thanks!:D

======

PickySquakerz

healthy foods makes nice colors, thanks:D

====================

atvchick95 & CaptainHowdy

Thanks for the great info, this would make sense alot...
I thought that if the **** is split, all female chicks would be his split gene, but after reading your posts, its just like how the ino gene work

and moreover, if clearbody is dominant to ino, then if I paired this split **** to an ino hen, there is a better chance that I would get some clearbody cocks, right?

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
and moreover, if clearbody is dominant to ino, then if I paired this split **** to an ino hen, there is a better chance that I would get some clearbody cocks, right?
In order to get clearbody cocks you need to pair this split **** to a clearbody hen.

So if you breed your hens in the future pair them to either a split clearbody **** or a visual clearbody **** in order to get clearbody cocks.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
From the way I understand how it works That scenerio may give you a higher chance of getting clear bodies but they would still be hens

like CaptainHowdy mentioned you would need to pair him to a visual Clear body hen to get males and females

when any mutation is sex linked the only way to get males and females is if both parents Have the gene - either dad being visual for it or split, then of course mom being visual

The Males he is producing now should be Split to it - Not sure if they'd all be split or just some though I've never Bred Clear bodies (it is a mutation we are trying to get though but not having any luck in our area) so if you'd take his males and would breed to visual female Clear bodies you'd get males and females both.

but of course if you'd want a whole lot of Clear bodies then it would be better to Breed 2 visuals :)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
OK I still can't see the pics!!!
Is there a difference between the clear bodies you are talking here about and the Texas clearbody?
If Clearbody works just like the ino gene, then all the male babies will be split clearbody.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
According to www.world-budgerigar.org WPO color Standards - there are 2 types of Clear bodies - Sex linked and Dominant

it also says this

NOTE 1

The sex-linked Clearbody variety may be combined visibly with other varieties. Visible recognition problems may be encountered where the sex-linked Clearbody is combined with any of the suffused Yellow or White varieties.

The sex-linked Clearbody variety is more commonly known as the Texas Clearbody.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.