Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a story behind Jessie but these are pictures of her and I am wondering if she is a rainbow as she has so many different colours running through her:

Also, I am guessing (and this is a guess mind) Ted, her partner is a sky blue dilute pied - Please experts correct me.

What mutations if any can I expect from this pair please

·
Registered
425 Posts
I dont have any answers but can I just say you ahve 2 beautiful budgies!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
from those pictures she does not seem to be opaline, and is a pied. a rainbow would need to be a blue yf opaline clearwing - so she is not one.

he looks like a skyblue greywing dominant pied, though the picture isn't really clear enough for me to be positive...

they should have lovely babies though! some more yf pieds would be likely, all chicks would be blue, some pieds, some yf.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - I will also try and get some other pics (I am a bit rubbish with the camera and budgie shots!)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
IM thinking she's a YF2, so her yellow runs into her blue,
making her look greeb, but really she is blue, therefore isnt
a clearwing, as a blue clearing is called white wing, and a
green clearwing is called a yellow-wing... and she has yellow wings.

I could be wrong and making you confused. You have the answers
already by the sounds of it, just my experience thoughts.

dominant pied YF2 blue opaline clearFLIGHT Hen

dominant pied, sky blue, dilute, greywing, male.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts

dominant pied YF2 blue opaline clearFLIGHT Hen
[SIZE]

She cannot be clearflight pied and dominant pied. She is YF2 dominant pied. Hard to say what else w/o rear pics.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
you can have dominant pied and clearflight pied in the same bird, i am not sure how it would look but there is no reason the two varieties can't both be present... although it is much more likely that a bird would be one or the other....

teegzy, clearwings are called white wings in the blue series and yellow wings in the green series like you said. however a yf2 blue clearwing could have yellow wings due to the yf, it would still be called a clearwing and a white wing.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
you can have dominant pied and clearflight pied in the same bird, i am not sure how it would look but there is no reason the two varieties can't both be present... although it is much more likely that a bird would be one or the other....

teegzy, clearwings are called white wings in the blue series and yellow wings in the green series like you said. however a yf2 blue clearwing could have yellow wings due to the yf, it would still be called a clearwing and a white wing.
These clearwings always amaze me , in all my years of judging i have never seen a clearwing with clearwings

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
She cannot be clearflight pied and dominant pied. She is YF2 dominant pied. Hard to say what else w/o rear pics.
I guess its more likely to be one or the other, just depends,
but I see many different mutations in one bird.

I agree here. Not all DP's have the clear flights.
As with this fella here:
http://birdaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/buzz-budgie.jpg

Thankyou for the help on mutations. I love to learn this stuff.
I ddint realise a blue series YF2 bird could have the yellow
in the wings :p

These clearwings always amaze me , in all my years of judging i have never seen a clearwing with clearwings
Also agreed, Clearwings are never "clear" but very very
light in colour. Need a good eye to distinguish between
them all. LAcewings being cinnamon, greywings & clearwings :)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Isn't it also true that a yf2 opaline blue clearwing would have both blue and yellow on its wings?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Isn't it also true that a yf2 opaline blue clearwing would have both blue and yellow on its wings?
Clearwings arnt ment to have colour on their wings,
Unless you are talking about a rainbow :) Then I guess
maybe thats true to have all colours on the wings.
Thanks for pointing that out

I'll try and get some rear shots of her over the weekend,

Thanks for your help everyone x
Sounds good. I often wonder when I will find out about how
cheek & tail colour helps you determine mutations :)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
i am still not sure if it is clearwing or greywing. it is not opaline though so not an official rainbow.... still got lots of pretty colours though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.