Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is my keet a blue, yellowfaced (type II) opaline?

Attachments

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
yep he looks to be a yf 2 opaline.
Is it possible to take a pic of him without the flash to see exactly what colour he is?
He sure is beautiful :)

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the pic in my siggy is him without a flash. my camera does not have a no flash setting (i wish it did)!

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Yes he's a yellow face type 2 sky blue Opaline

If you ever want to try to get pics w/out the flash washing it out since you can't shut it off- Try holding a piece of paper in front of the flash -don't put the paper directly on the flash - it will smoke (yes I've done it and I think one time I came close to catching my paper on fire LOL) but Play around with it holding it to where only a little flash is covered, a little more - I doubt all the flash covered would help(every time I do that its a dark pic even in broad day light but never know)

The paper helps bounce the flash off the subject(in this case the bird) and its supposed to help stop it from being washed out

I've done it a lot on my birds and it works pretty well, about the only ones I can't get it to work on is my ones who are primarly all white or a light color it still washes them out no matter what i do i can be across the room from them and they get washed out their markings won't show - which irritates me I have a Very pretty Violet Recessive pied Spangle - and every pic makes her look terrible just either a white blur of light or a blurry all white bird lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.