Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some friends found an albino budgie in the bushes outside a couple weeks ago. They placed some ads, but no owner came forward, so they gave the budgie to me last night. The budgie has a bluish pinkish cere, and I think it's a boy, but I can't be sure. He's very docile. He's all white with red eyes.

He's very small, and when I first saw him, I immediately thought he was a baby. But now I'm wondering if he's just very small. He's smaller than the average non-albino budgie but seems quite healthy other than that.

I am not familiar with albino budgies. Do they tend to be unusually small?

He does have a silver leg band, and maybe that will give a clue as to his age, but I haven't been able to take a close look at it yet.

·
Registered
16,696 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on the new addition!

I've seen budgies of all sizes and when fully feathered without markings as is the case with albinos, determining the age can be very challenging! With leg bands, there is typically a year indicated on them (the last two digits of the year anyway. For example "12" for 2012). If nothing looks like a year though, sometimes you can have the band traced to find out who the breeder was. The breeders here on our forums would be able to tell you more about that than I could though.

You'll have to post some pictures of your little sweety so we can see your feathered fluffball. :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Pictures?

Hi Jinjer!

:pp:

Maybe if I saw pictures of this famous albino budgie of yours I might be of more help. There is just something unexplainable about the shape of the feathers and how they sit that just give away to me if it is a baby budgie of not... if you know what I mean. Plus, everyone loves pictures!!! :D

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
Besides, we just love pictures of pretty
budgies :) Congrats on giving a good
home to a lost and homeless little guy.
:clap:

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,230 Posts
hello and welcome to the forums! :) if your little ****** has big eyes, then it's a baby. but you can post a pic so we can help you anyway! :) congrats on your new addition!

·
Registered
37,562 Posts
Welcome to TB, yes please ! We love pictures here and it will help us determine the age and sex to help you out. Come back soon!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.