Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Super Moderator
Could you try posting the photo again? It doesn't show up, unfortunately.

Also, I tried to find the forum guide on how to post photos but I can't seem to find it unfortunately 馃槄

Super Moderator
She's a girl, and has a lot more than bumble foot. In addition to that she also has severe feather loss and clearly needs to be seen by a vet right away. Did you get the birds like this? Have you taken them to see a vet since you got them?

It's very important this little one gets avian vet care as soon as you can find it :(

Administrator
Poor little girl.

What did the vet give you to treat her feather loss?
Was s/he an Avian vet?
What diet are you feeding the budgies?

A Healthy Diet for your Budgie
Quality Seed Mix
CuttleBones, Mineral Blocks and Manu Clay Roses
Safe Foods for Budgies
The Truth about GRIT

We can't see her feet in the photo to let you know whether or not she has bumblefoot.
What makes you think she does?
What did vet say about her feet?

I recommend you cover the bottom grate in the cage(s) with white packing paper, white paper towels or white printer paper.
This will make it easier for your budgies to walk on the bottom grate.

I recommend you remove the wooden dowel perches and plastic perches in the cage(s) and replace them with natural wooden perches of varying diameters to help prevent pressure sores.

Pressure Sores
Bumblefoot
The information in this link will give examples of better options for perches:
Essentials for a Great Cage

Do you have the cage these "new" budgies are in next to the cage with your other budgies?
If so, that is not proper quarantine.
Quarantine means housing the new bird in a different cage in a different room than the current bird (as far away from the room the current bird is in as possible) for a period of 35-45 days.

Budgies mask symptoms when they are ill. Symptoms may not show up for over two weeks.
Often you will not even realize your bird is not well. Many budgie illnesses are airborne which is why you need to quarantine your new bird in a completely different room.

Quarantine - Is it Really that Important?
Quarantine Your Birds

How many budgies do you have in total?
How many males?
How many females?
Are you planning to keep all the budgies in one cage?

What are the cage dimensions? Length, Width, Height?

If you have mixed genders, you need to do everything necessary to prevent breeding.

A Heartfelt Plea to All Members
Tips For Discouraging Breeding
Before You Ever Consider Breeding Your Budgies
Guidance for Breeding Advice Threads

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
1.I am feeding them canary seeds and budgies seeds and vegetable's like bell peppers and white pellets and greens pellet's
2.Cause i see lots of white pumps on her feet
okay i will make them as far as possible for one month
How many budgies do you have in total? 4
How many males? 0
How many females? 4
Are you planning to keep all the budgies in one cage? definitely no
What are the cage dimensions? Length, Width, Height? We are actually going to the pet shop today to buy the new birds and bigger cage and perches we didn't buy yet because we got them before yesterday in midnight

Jaw Wood Marine invertebrates Tail Cephalopod

and is here wing twisted
Bird Vertebrate Beak Plant Feather

Administrator
So you are getting the two new budgies a bigger cage - correct? Make sure that it is (at the very minimum) 76cm x 46 cm x 46 cm and the spacing between the bars is no more than 1.27 cm.
Bigger is better when it comes to cages and Length is more important than height as budgies fly laterally.

You said you took her to a vet in your other post but didn't answer my questions about whether it was a Avian Vet and what s/he said about her feet.

Does she have trouble perching on the perches?

Super Moderator
The wings on the green bird are fine, they are supposed to cross over the rump. The other bird looks like she may have a case of scaly face mites on the feet and perhaps on the face I cannot see close enough to tell on the face.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes the blue bird has trouble going a on the perches
So you are getting the two new budgies a bigger cage - correct? yes for sure
You said you took her to a vet in your other post but didn't answer my questions about whether it was a Avian Vet and what s/he said about her feet. when we went to the vet they were really light is i remember on her feet and the avian vet was in a hurry because we dint book and appointment and they were really busy but today i booked an appointment
so does she has bumble feet ?

Administrator
The budgie can have scaly mites on the feet and not on the face. I agree with Cody that she has scaly mites on her feet.

She needs to be treated with ivermectin or Scatt for Birds -- it needs to be a spot-on treatment NOT a spray.
Check with the Avian Vet when you take her in for her appointment.
Have you named the budgies yet?

Administrator
Yes, scaly mites are very bad for budgies, causing a lot of pain
Both birds will need to be treated as scaly mites are quite contagious.
The cage and everything in it will need to be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.

• Damage from the burrowing mites can be severe if not treated and lead to your bird's demise
  • They spread by close contact between your birds
  • The mites can infect the cage and any birds in close proximity.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts