Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm confused about my grey bird's wing markings. When I first got him, they were grey/black. Now they look darker (like the grey/black) towards the top of his bodyk but are lighter around the outside of his wings. some of them even look like they are tri colored (white on the outside, then dark grey, then light grey). I've had people tell me he looks like a cinnamon in photos. His markings are darker than my other greywing's but certainly not black. Any ideas? He's in the background. Compare him with the other greywing in the pic. Thanks!

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A cinnamon grey Erin:)
Interesting bso why are his markings so dark? I've seen birds that are clearly cinnamon and he's much darker. Also, just out of curiosity, were he paired with the opaline in the first pic, what would the babies look like? He's taken quite a liking to her. I was originally planning to pair him with my grey green hen, but he really likes Purl.

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, what was the deciding factor? What made it clear he isn't a TCB with diffusion? Thanks for all of your help. I'm really trying to learn as much as I can.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Interesting bso why are his markings so dark? I've seen birds that are clearly cinnamon and he's much darker. Also, just out of curiosity, were he paired with the opaline in the first pic, what would the babies look like? He's taken quite a liking to her. I was originally planning to pair him with my grey green hen, but he really likes Purl.
If you get a double factor cinnamon the markings are darker, the pink legs also confirn cinnamon

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
You would breed opalines and normals , 50% will be yellow face with a chance they will all be grey:)

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I figured the opaline and normals part, but yellow face? How does that happen? That's very exciting. I love my little yf, Bruce, and I'd love to have another.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
hi there,

if i am right in thinking that he is the cinnamon and she is the opaline...

then you should get normal/cinnamon-opaline cocks and cinnamon hens.
if he is split for opaline then you may get some opalines of both sexes too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.