Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
It happens a lot that well meaning pet shop owners aren't used to sexing young budgies and try to help potential owners pick out a baby, and it turns out that they are female when the owners were old male. Very young females have a light blue cere most of the time so it's easy to get confused.

There are 3 types of budgies that are all white. Since your little girl has red eyes she is an albino as was said before :) the other 2 types are dark eyed clear(all white or yellow with black eyes and no iris) and double factor spangle (all white or yellow with black eyes and iris rings) :)

You little girl is very cute! I am sure you will enjoy her :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,

Nice to know its a she and she is an albino. Im not sure because her eyes could be just red because of the camera flash? im not sure. Either way I know shes a girl now...so if I do get a mate later on down the track, it will be male:)

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Thanks,

Nice to know its a she and she is an albino. Im not sure because her eyes could be just red because of the camera flash? im not sure. Either way I know shes a girl now...so if I do get a mate later on down the track, it will be male:)
Her eyes are red because they lack pigment ;) The same gene that removes the pigment from her feathers does the same thing to her eyes, making them look red especially with a flash since it reflects in them more. If you put her beside a black eyed budgie you would be able to see the difference more even without the flash :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.