Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
She is. She is identical to my Honey. I've never noticed red eyes on Honey, but she doesn't have white irises either, so maybe I'm just not seeing her properly, but her eyes look completely black to me.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
A creamino is another name for a yellow face albino and would have red eyes like a normal albino. If your bird's eyes are black it is either a yellow face double factor spangle or a yellow face dark eyed clear

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
*goes to stare at Honey's eyes for a while*

They still look black to me. She must be a dark eyed clear. Does the clear stand for clearwing?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
*goes to stare at Honey's eyes for a while*

They still look black to me. She must be a dark eyed clear. Does the clear stand for clearwing?
The clear stands for the absence of body colour leaving the bird either white or yellow. A dark eyed clear will not develop iris rings and the males do not develop a blue cere. They are a combination of recessive pied and clearflight pied.

If a black eyed white, or yellow, bird develops iris rings, or if male develops a blue cere, it is a double factor spangle. They are produced by pairing 2 spangles together

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
I guess she would produce SF spangles if she was bred with a budgie with no spangle and DF spangles if her mate was a spangle

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
if i bred her would she give spangles?
if she is a df spangle she would. if she is a dark eyed clear she would not. how old is she? once she is an adult you will be able to tell by whether she has an iris ring.

iris ring = df spangle
no iris ring = dec

·
Banned
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if she is a df spangle she would. if she is a dark eyed clear she would not. how old is she? once she is an adult you will be able to tell by whether she has an iris ring.

iris ring = df spangle
no iris ring = dec
what would a dec produce?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
dark eyed clear is a combination of clearflight pied and recesive pied.

so while it would depend on what you were breeding her with, you would probably get some clearflights.

without info on her mate that is all i can suggest...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.