Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an almost solid yellow hen. She has white tips to her wings and tail, very faint light brown stripes on her head and shoulders, and red eyes with grey irises. What is she?

Oh and here sister was obviously lacewing, with cinnamon wings and tail.

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
I bought an almost solid yellow hen. She has white tips to her wings and tail, very faint light brown stripes on her head and shoulders, and red eyes with grey irises. What is she?

Oh and here sister was obviously lacewing, with cinnamon wings and tail.
Got a picture? And also of the parents or do you know the mutations of the parents?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Do you know if her father was a lacewing? If he was she must be lacewing as well but she could have another mutation as well.

Even with pictures you still might not be able to tell if she is lacewing or not. A lutino and a lacewing dilute could look identical.

Look for signs of colour in her cheek patches because a lutino would have white cheek patches

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
pictures

Ok so I've attached some pictures. I don't know any of their parents, but Lacey is the hen I'm talking about. She doesn't have brown cheaks, she maybe has a TINY bit of brown on the underside of her tail but I think it's just a little dirty. And again, it's hard to see but she has some extremely faint stripes on her neck the top of her wings, and has red pupils and white irises.

Pearl is an albino I think, red eyes, white body, and I think she's a hen too, do you agree?

Pikachu I think is a male lutino. Red eyes, light purple nose, he's still young but he flirts with Pearl lol. He might be a creamino because he's slightly lighter than my Sunny (the next one), but just barely. He may just not be as buttercuppy of a lutino as possible.

Sunny is a few years old and has black eyes, so I think he's a dark eyed clear.

Do you think I'm right on all of them? What do you think I'd get from breeding different combinations? :) I've never bred before but I'm trying to do my homework. I'm a vet assistant with discounted treatment available, and I also get a two and a half hour break in the middle of the day and I live near my house, so I could do hand feedings if I had to.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.