Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any hidden mutation in this clearwing female?
She got blue spots on her belly, what does that mean?

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
We can't tell by looking if she is carrying a mutation you have to breed to find out the splits.

What is the colour underneath her wing? She could be a yellowface type 2 skyblue which would explain the blue feathers.

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
Green under the wing means she's a green series bird. She looks opaline as well. Can you post some pics of her front with her face? Also, from what I've heard it's not abnormal to have a few blue feathers here and there (someone once told me that means the bird is split to blue, but I don't have any experience with that) and I think I've heard that blue feathers around the vent area can mean the bird carries violet factor. But I don't have any violet factored green birds to have experience with that, either.

Like Amelia said, there no way to know what she's split for unless you know the parentage or breed her.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I agree that she is opaline clearwing light green. The spots of colour on her body are unusual but it doesn't mean that she is split for any other mutation, but of course she could be split.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you nav, Lets see what comes out. I specially love budgies for there color variations.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Worst/Saddest day of my life, i am seeing her playing with cage door but never thought that she can open it but today she did that. I can not tell how i am feeling right now..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No its inside the room, i usually keep the windows open for proper ventilation, she went straight to the window and disappeared.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.