Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a budgie name cloud he’s a pure white albino budgie and I’ve noticed three of feathers connected to his wing have a blood filled in them and I found one broken off and when I touched his wing to see why it has dry blood he did his little screech when I touched it. Is this blood feather? Some tell me please I don’t wanna lose another budgie I’ve had him for almost two years and he’s never screech that way other then he’s been completely normal eating always cleaning him self

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
It sounds as though he does have a broken blood feather and those are extremely painful for a budgie.

Do you have a Birdie First Aid Kit?
Do you have styptic pencil or powder on hand?
If not, corn-starch or flour can be used in an emergency but you should assemble a proper Birdie First Aid Kit for the future.

Information on Blood Feathers

Birdie First Aid Kit

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds as though he does have a broken blood feather and those are extremely painful for a budgie.

Do you have a Birdie First Aid Kit?
Do you have styptic pencil or powder on hand?
If not, corn-starch or flour can be used in an emergency but you should assemble a proper Birdie First Aid Kit for the future.

Information on Blood Feathers

Birdie First Aid Kit
I do not have a birdie first aid but I will buy one cause that will come in handy but I do have corn starch
Thank you this is very helpful!

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
Do you feel confident that you can remove the broken blood feather yourself following the instructions in the link provided?

·
Super Moderator
3,850 Posts
Budgies don't have much blood and can easily bleed to death with the loss of just a little blood so you may want to have this professionally done by someone that has experience and first aid supplies at hand.

·
Administrator
56,543 Posts
I'm glad to hear Cloud is fine now. Is he experiencing a molt at the moment?
I'm asking because it appears there is a loss of feathers around his eye.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm glad to hear Cloud is fine now. Is he experiencing a molt at the moment?
I'm asking because it appears there is a loss of feathers around his eye.
yes he is at the moment I think that’s why he has the blood feathers cause he has new wings coming in I’m guessing

yes he is at the moment I think that’s why he has the blood feathers cause he has new wings coming in I’m guessing
The cold/winter is coming soon here in Cicero,IL it’s still hot but there are more cold days then hot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.