Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Notice the Primary Flights on each wing...and the tail

I know it's Opaline and Light green...but the left wing and the tail indicates a kind of pied, maybe Clearflight?

Or is it just a Clearflight Pied with one of its faulty variations, which gives a black border on the tail?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I don't think it's a half sider. Usually half siders will show a difference in body color. It would show as a strait line down the chest and back of the bird. I would say you have a clear flight or dominant pied that has faulty markings. But it would be nice to see a photo of the front of the bird just to make sure.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
I'm not an expert but like Bridget said,a picture of front.Wow,thats awesome!:cool:

·
Registered
13,388 Posts
Wow his wings are both different. Half siders look like two totally different budgies on either side. For example half can be green or yellow and the other half blue. Look them up on Google. I'm not at my computer otherwise I would post a picture.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Wow his wings are both different. Half siders look like two totally different budgies on either side. For example half can be green or yellow and the other half blue. Look them up on Google. I'm not at my computer otherwise I would post a picture.
As far as I know, half siders can exhibit 2 different mutations on symmetric sides of the body, it doesn't have to be difference in colours, but must show different mutation that don't combine on this bird....for instance a Spangle on one side and Normal on the other, while both sides showing the same colour, as it's likely that the budgies will share the same colour since they're siblings fused before developing into 2 individual budgies.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Whatever it is, it's interesting!
Don't think it is a halfsider, though, but does it matter? You have something that's not "normal" and that makes breeding budgies (birds) so rewarding. One doesn't get tired of it.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
It is possible that it is a halfsider but because both sides are green it makes it very difficult to tell.

It would be possible for a budgie to be a halfsider with the same mutation on each side but you wouldn't be able to tell

·
Registered
1,779 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
It could be a half sider. Is there a change in body color down the chest? Here is a half sider chick I bred not to long ago. I only knew he was a true half sider because he had two different color blues. He was split right down the middle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.