Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know if this is a baby lutino. It is impossible because the mom is a Mauve RP. I don't know who the dad is - I think it is a YF cobablt clear flight pied-but this is in my open aviary. But it doesn't matter who the dad is, I don't have any green males. The only other green bird is a green RP (female) and she is sitting on eggs.
Can someone please try to explain!
Polokwane-20120618-00294.jpg

Polokwane-20120618-00293.jpg
This one has red eyes, but there's another baby looking the same with dark eyes.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
If that is the case and it is a lutino then your hens must be laying eggs in different nestboxes, which I have heard of happening before.

What about the male that you have posted pics of before asking about his mutation? Isnt he a green based? Have you any younger green based males that were in the aviary for a time after they fledged?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
It sounds like your budgies are being sneaky :)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If that is the case and it is a lutino then your hens must be laying eggs in different nestboxes, which I have heard of happening before.

What about the male that you have posted pics of before asking about his mutation? Isnt he a green based? Have you any younger green based males that were in the aviary for a time after they fledged?
That male is in a seperate breeding cage, but I think I have to check when I put him in that cage. So you think it is a lutino?
It sounds like your budgies are being sneaky :)
Maybe I just can't remeber certain things - I have to go and check my notes.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
It does look like she could be a lutino, but maybe as he feathers she will actually be a yellow face some of them can be very dark :)

If she is a lutino my bet is in that boy of yours if he has been in the aviary in the last 2 months, and if not your green girl must be laying eggs in other boxes :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.