Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know if this is a baby lutino. It is impossible because the mom is a Mauve RP. I don't know who the dad is - I think it is a YF cobablt clear flight pied-but this is in my open aviary. But it doesn't matter who the dad is, I don't have any green males. The only other green bird is a green RP (female) and she is sitting on eggs.
Can someone please try to explain!
Underwater Marine invertebrates Marine biology Tail Coral

Bird Beak Fawn Feather Wing
This one has red eyes, but there's another baby looking the same with dark eyes.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
If that is the case and it is a lutino then your hens must be laying eggs in different nestboxes, which I have heard of happening before.

What about the male that you have posted pics of before asking about his mutation? Isnt he a green based? Have you any younger green based males that were in the aviary for a time after they fledged?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
It sounds like your budgies are being sneaky :)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If that is the case and it is a lutino then your hens must be laying eggs in different nestboxes, which I have heard of happening before.

What about the male that you have posted pics of before asking about his mutation? Isnt he a green based? Have you any younger green based males that were in the aviary for a time after they fledged?
That male is in a seperate breeding cage, but I think I have to check when I put him in that cage. So you think it is a lutino?
It sounds like your budgies are being sneaky :)
Maybe I just can't remeber certain things - I have to go and check my notes.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
It does look like she could be a lutino, but maybe as he feathers she will actually be a yellow face some of them can be very dark :)

If she is a lutino my bet is in that boy of yours if he has been in the aviary in the last 2 months, and if not your green girl must be laying eggs in other boxes :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.