Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Optimus Prime
4,046 Posts
Ive got no idea really, i could guess but i wont. sure is pretty though. i remember someone asking if anyone on tb had a texas clearbody ages ago.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The Texas Clear-body is very pretty and is being bred up quite well. It is pretty common to find in Texas at this time. The rare mutation is the Easly Clear-body. This mutaiton is not as pretty as the Texas. The difference being in the black line wing color pattern. Where the Texas black line wing pattern starts off black at the shoulder it goes to a light grey at the wing tips. (also this is the reason Texas Clear-bodys SHOUD NEVER BE BRED INTO A CINNAMON LINE!)

The Easly Clear-body keeps the same dark wing patter from shoulder to wing tip, but both birds have the washed out coloring on the chest and the dark coloring on the back.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I don't get why they shouldn't be bred to cinnamons. Why is that? Does it result in harmful mutations? Or is it just for aesthetic reasons?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
It is a Texas Clearbody. This mutation is not very common and could be classed as rare among pet budgies although a lot of breeders of show budgies have them

I don't get why they shouldn't be bred to cinnamons. Why is that? Does it result in harmful mutations? Or is it just for aesthetic reasons?
It won't do any harm breeding them to cinnamons. It's just that that judges won't award them any prizes if they don't conform to the accepted standard

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Ohhhh After looking up a lot of pictures of texas clearbodies and easly clear bodies, I think I got it now. The dark coloring doesn't start around the head (I think of it as the 'cape' of the budgie, but seemingly further down the back, towards the tail.

And the easly clearbody has dark flight feathers while the texas clearbody has light colored flights. I'm really still trying to figure out the whole budgie genetics thing. I would like to be more informed. Are there any books I can get on the subject? Preferably with good photos?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all for the comments, it is not my bird it is a friends bird just wanted to confirm, maybe i will get one once he can breed with this one, what mutation would be a good mate for her,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.