Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had this girl for a year already and I always thought she was an albino because she has red eyes. But I realized that in certain lighting, she has a very light blue/green shine to her feathers, especially on her back. It's very very faint and only sometimes noticeable. She also has shimmery white cheek patches that you can see with flash, and I also don't see an iris ring, but I don't know if those two things are normal or not for albinos.

I'm wondering if the shiny blue feathers are normal for albinos in certain lighting, or if she is maybe something else.

The colors are a lot easier to see from a mobile screen, at least for me, so if you're on desktop looking at the first picture I don't know how well you'll see the colors. At least it's like that for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
My ino also has a blue sheen! His is on his butt lol. Mine also has faint barring in just some small places— like one hint of brown on his neck and on his wing (his eyes are still red). Apparently it’s totally normal!!! I think it makes them extra unique

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.