Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This baby I noticed is quite different to its older siblings who are green grey in colour. I haven't seen a budgie like this before (therefore I might keep him/her) but I'm just wondering g if anyone else has seen one like it and what mutation it would be classed as. It's kind of a grey green and blue all in one with a yellow face :-S

Mum is green yellow recessive pied and dad is grey opaline.

I know I'm not holding the little tucker in the nicest way in the last photo but it's a squirmer. I was careful :) plus it really shows how it goes from a real murky kind of grey green colour to a clearer almost grey blue colour

http:\\www.cmtwebdesign.co.uk/images/budgies/bsiggy.jpg

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
As Lindsey said it's a yellow face grey. The greenish shade is caused by the spread of yellow into the grey areas. The yellow will probably spread a lot more when he matures.

By the way if the father is opaline all his daughters will be opaline, so this chick must be a male

·
Registered
214 Posts
This male young budgie is a single factor yellow-faced type 2nd cobalt grey budgie.
After post juvenile moult, he will have grey colour confined to belly and mid wing coverts, otherwise breast & rump will be greyish green.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.