Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

I’m wondering if Pearl has bumble foot. I noticed tiny bumps and sees Pearl frequently resting its foot (alternatively). I know birds do that, not sure if I’m being overly sensitive about this. Are there any ways to improve it? I’m bringing Pearl for her review (bacterial infection in crop, done with 2 weeks of antibiotic jabs) on Monday. Will ask the avian vet too.

I do provide different kind of natural wood perches (only play stand and window perch are made of dowan perch) and tried to lay tissue on the grille in the cage. I added one sand perch for nail trimming, but I rarely see Pearl using it. Added it 2 days ago only. Removed the sand perch now just in case.

There are 3 natural wood perches and a swing. Pearl always wants to be let out, so she’s frequently running at the bottom of the cage. I don’t want her small feet to get hurt by the grille. That’s why I placed paper towel in there.

Plant Vertebrate Fence Mesh Line
Textile Art Pet supply Line Mesh

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
18,898 Posts
His toes look normal; all birds have a bit of a "toe" part where it bulges out a bit. This is for grip as well as to accommodate the nail bed. I don't think he has bumble foot but if you're concerned be sure he's got lots of perches of varying widths and made of natural wood so he doesn't get sores.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts