Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was reading about mutations online and their was their part about rare mutations and I read about this one called slate which is extremly rare and looks exactly like Charlie! Is this what he is? That would be so awesome!

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
I have one that I considered a potential slate. I conversed with someone skilled in mutations. He said something about the foot colour being an indicator but that it was mostly likely I had a yellow face mauve with 2 dark factors. I tend to think that is correct. Oddly enough, I also called him Charlie.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Slate is a color adding factor, just like grey & violet. It is very dark bluish grey. So it is almost impossible to tell exactly, even if you have many high resolution pictures of Charlie.

Where did you get this bird from and for how much. No breeder would give you a Slate. :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slate is a color adding factor, just like grey & violet. It is very dark bluish grey. So it is almost impossible to tell exactly, even if you have many high resolution pictures of Charlie.

Where did you get this bird from and for how much. No breeder would give you a Slate. :)

I realize that this is gonna sound odd, but my signiture was with flash, making the colors lighter. Its odd, and I never considered it, but at the pet shop he was a little more expensive, 60 instead of 20. He is a dark blue color, almost a match to Loofah. I can use photoshop to get an exact color and post a file.

·
Registered
882 Posts
He could just be violet. That doesn't show up much in pics and makes the bird appear a lot lighter than in person.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I realize that this is gonna sound odd, but my signiture was with flash, making the colors lighter. Its odd, and I never considered it, but at the pet shop he was a little more expensive, 60 instead of 20. He is a dark blue color, almost a match to Loofah. I can use photoshop to get an exact color and post a file.
Post some clear and bigger pictures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.