Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

This chick doesn't seem to have eyes as dark as my previous ones (it is the first hatcher this year so I can't compare to another one!)

Does it have plum eyes does anyone think?

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
It is a lot easier to tell next to a normal but its eyes do not appear as dark as my normal chicks are in comparing their photos.

What are the parents?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have done the same with my old pics! It is my only chick right now

I am not great on mutations, but I think mum is Clearflight Pied Greywing Sky Blue and Dad is green normal, with a mum who when we briefly saw her was Dominent Pied I believe.

I am not sure if this could produce a Cinnamon or Recessive Pied though

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am hoping for a comparison picture soon as another egg in this clutch hatched.

On investigation it seems it would be possible to have Cinnamon if Dad is split for it, and Recessive Pied if they were both split for it. Am I right in that?

A chick from her last clutch has classic signs of Recessive Pied, but I concluded was DF Dominent Pied because of the parents in that case, but maybe she is split for Recessive Pied and that chick was Recessive.

I guess time will tell!

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
I am hoping for a comparison picture soon as another egg in this clutch hatched.

On investigation it seems it would be possible to have Cinnamon if Dad is split for it, and Recessive Pied if they were both split for it. Am I right in that?

A chick from her last clutch has classic signs of Recessive Pied, but I concluded was DF Dominent Pied because of the parents in that case, but maybe she is split for Recessive Pied and that chick was Recessive.

I guess time will tell!
Cinnamons have plum eyes, so therefore your **** bird is split to cinnamon and this chick is a hen.

As for recessive pied they have the normal black eyes, a recessive pied will not get iris rings whereas a double factor dominant pied will get iris rings.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
I agree, they do look lighter than a normal :) I hope you will post more as the chick grows and let us know what they end up being! :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will post again once it is older. Next to iysmuchsmaller sibling the eyes are definitely lighter. I guess if they are then it must be a Cinnamon.

The white chick I had before didn't survive long enough to develop iris rings so I never knew for sure :-(

Thanks for help so far

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lindsey, looking at your website your Arion is the same cilour as my hen, so I think she is a Cinnamon. Must post a pic of her too!

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Lindsey, looking at your website your Arion is the same cilour as my hen, so I think she is a Cinnamon. Must post a pic of her too!
As cinnamon is a sex linked mutation the dad would have to be cinnamon or split or it to get any visual cinnamon chicks :) if the mom is cinnamon as well though then the chick could be male or female, as opposed to it defiantly being a female when only the male has the cinnamon gene :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Updated Pictures

Well here is an updated picture. Chick is 6 days old and the eyes are opening now - and still look plum to me! (I have been zooming in on these pics!) ;)

This is the Hen, Sky. The **** is just a Normal Green

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.