Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the momma of my soon to be budgie has these VERY light markings. Honestly, i am new to budgie genetics so i cannot tell if she is diluted, greywing, or cinnamon. She looks like a grey wing because the color in the wing is not very brown or fawn but looks to be more of a grey color. Any help would be appreciated!
To explain, all of her black markings are a light greyish color. She may or may not be a yellowface type two but her breast color is VERY light(i will post mulitple pictures) What is her mutation??

The father is the normal blue male next to her

Here is her butt :) just for color refference

And her face :)

The father is a normal blue as far as i know.

The baby, Cherie seems to be a yellowface type 2(but i was told type 1) skyblue, but she is a bit green. she is only six weeks old TODAY!

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I think I've said it before. She's a type 1 yellow face opaline greywing. The yellow is much too pale for her to be type 2 yellow face.

The yellow will spread a little on many T1 yellow face birds in spite of the official description of the ideal bird stating that there should be no spread of yellow

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if she IS opaline, and my budgie is a boy instead of female, he will be split to opaline? what about greywing, is it ressesive, or sex linked?
What does the cheek patch(blue dot) mean?

·
3,676 Posts
Greywing is recessive so the chick will be split for greywing. If it is male it will also be split for opaline

I don't know what you are referring to as "cheek patch(blue dot)"

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still don't know about the blue dots on the sides of the face, i know it can differ between birds. The chick(in the nest box) Has a very pretty blue dot on both sides of the face,plus the two lower ones below the beak.
Can it change with mutation?

·
3,676 Posts
The blue on the side of his face is the cheek patch.
The dark dots lower down are throat spots.

Both cheek patches and throat spots will vary in color according to the mutation

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.