Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I noticed somew blue feather just under his mask. Is this normal?

·
Registered
694 Posts
It definitely seems to show up more each moult. I have a blue DF spangle who was pure white after his first moult, but gradually has had more blue show through on his stomach and rump. Somehow it never shows up in photos though. I also have a grey DF spangle hen whose body colour is still definitely visible, but very diffused. She's around 8/9 months old now and it hasn't changed since she had her first moult. You can see it pretty well in this photo how the colour changes where, in a normal bird, the colour would change from grey to white. Her grey is almost pinkish.

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
My DF YFII spangle, Hotspur came to me with a dusty
denim blue belly, which I thought was really cool,
even if undesirable, and I was really disappointed
when it vanished completely after his first molt. I
have no idea what to expect now :(

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,121 Posts
It definitely seems to show up more each moult. I have a blue DF spangle who was pure white after his first moult, but gradually has had more blue show through on his stomach and rump. Somehow it never shows up in photos though. I also have a grey DF spangle hen whose body colour is still definitely visible, but very diffused. She's around 8/9 months old now and it hasn't changed since she had her first moult. You can see it pretty well in this photo how the colour changes where, in a normal bird, the colour would change from grey to white. Her grey is almost pinkish.
She is gorgeous, even if it isn't desirable in show circles. Makes you wonder, is this the elusive pink/red budgie :laughing:

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Ok here we go with pics,
firstly some chicks pics:

You can see it better in this one, just under his chin

Slighter older

This is him at current:

You can see the blue wash has become much more apparent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.