Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,906 Posts
All goldenfaces!! Non-albino chicks with yellowface usually have more pale yellow in my experience, and the hue is a little muted. Albinos with yellow face are creamino, but she almost looks lutino so it’s definitely goldenface. The mother is also goldenface, her yellow is nearly as bright as a green budgie’s. They’re all gorgeous :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All goldenfaces!! Non-albino chicks with yellowface usually have more pale yellow in my experience, and the hue is a little muted. Albinos with yellow face are creamino, but she almost looks lutino so it’s definitely goldenface. The mother is also goldenface, her yellow is nearly as bright as a green budgie’s. They’re all gorgeous :)
Ok, thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

I have another question regarding Goldenface.

I have a English budgie male that I think is Dark green Violet, but in his pedigree it says that he is Goldenface Violet.

He was green as a chick with some blue feathers under the tail and stomach, but I have read that the blue is when they are split blue.

What do you think?

The first pictures is om my male now and pictures from his breeder when he was a chick, and the last ones is on his parents.

·
Super Moderator
18,906 Posts
He’s so cute!! Definitely not goldenface though. Your assessment of violet dark green I think is correct. His mother was SF violet as well.

The blue is also not only because he’s split to blue but green violet birds also have blue near their vent when they’re young. So with these two factors combined it was highly visible. He’s gorgeous!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He’s so cute!! Definitely not goldenface though. Your assessment of violet dark green I think is correct. His mother was SF violet as well.

The blue is also not only because he’s split to blue but green violet birds also have blue near their vent when they’re young. So with these two factors combined it was highly visible. He’s gorgeous!!
Ok, thanks!

So blue near the vent is something that can help me decide if it is for examle only dark green or light green violet? Because I have a hard time to see wich green it is some times as well.

I think the picture below is Dark green, light green on top, and below the first is dark green violet. But the second I’m not sure about. Is it light green violet? It is the tail from the youngster under the first picture.

What do you think?

·
Super Moderator
18,906 Posts
Ooh, tricky. The violet really alters the true shade of green.

The feathers in the second of the four photos you posted (from left to right, top to bottom) appear to be light green violet. Since you said this is the same little one as the first photo below the feather ones, it makes sense and you can see that compared to your other male from your first post he’s a bit more visibly green. The dark factors combined with the violet really de-green (lol) the color. The greywing you posted seems like he’s dark green violet.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ooh, tricky. The violet really alters the true shade of green.

The feathers in the second of the four photos you posted (from left to right, top to bottom) appear to be light green violet. Since you said this is the same little one as the first photo below the feather ones, it makes sense and you can see that compared to your other male from your first post he’s a bit more visibly green. The dark factors combined with the violet really de-green (lol) the color. The greywing you posted seems like he’s dark green violet.
So you mean that the red marked one is light green violet? Interesting, then I don’t know how light green looks like, because i thought this was it.

·
Super Moderator
18,906 Posts
It looked to be honest like normal dark green at first but then you mentioned the spangled budgie you showed is the owner of that tail (am I correct?) and based on how he feathered up I’d say it must have been light green violet. But do you have more photos?

·
Super Moderator
18,906 Posts
Oh my goodness, he’s SO precious. Yes, he is light green violet as far as I can tell. As in sky blue violets it can be hard to see violet outwardly but I do think he is violet. You can see that his rump is darker green than you’d normally see on a light green and he’s got a definite “not totally green” look about him 🤣

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh my goodness, he’s SO precious. Yes, he is light green violet as far as I can tell. As in sky blue violets it can be hard to see violet outwardly but I do think he is violet. You can see that his rump is darker green than you’d normally see on a light green and he’s got a definite “not totally green” look about him
Ok, thanks! Then I have learned something new today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts