Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meat is chillin in freezer. Spice mix ready to go. I am using this recipe as a start http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Homemade-Sweet-Italian-Sausage-Mild-or-Hot/Detail.aspx I am making it exactly as stated for the first batch.

I will try it out and then tweak to my likings on future batches. Probably will be same base recipe but with more red pepper flakes as I like a hot sausage but Linda likes the sweet italian so we can each have our favorite.

Will keep you posted :).

·
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably will be some day :eek: Cannot find the cutting knife for grinder. Lindas checking out the store on way home. I ordered 2 online just now but they will be here next week. If Linda has no luck I will freeze till next week :(.

·
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cut the salt to 1/4t from reading all the reviews. I will add to 1/2t next time. I am going to up the sugar toto 1t. I make my own by adding 1-1/2t molasses to 1 cup organic sugar. I also am going to add 1T anise seed next time. I like the licorice flavor it adds.
I am going to start playing with fresh spices also since I can grow most myself. I think it is about 1.5 to 1 for fresh to dried ratio. It will be fun playing around. It is a great base recipe.

·
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Made a 4# batch today with a few changes. I used fresh basil, garlic and oregano from the garden. I added ground anise seeds also as I love the flavor. I changed the amounts on some of the other spices too. I used just red wine instead of vinegar. It smells incredible. Will try some tomorrow. If any one wants the new recipe I can give it to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.