Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, June 27th my budgie Luigi turns 6 months old and I had to take some photos to mark this milestone.

You can see he almost has the mature colour on his cere.

He's such a cutie

He lost his helicopter feathers some time ago and is currently growing them again. Already has one misplaced feather on his shoulder wing area.

Of course Khaleesi had to say hi to him

Getting ready to assault the camera

If you have the time, here's a little bonus. A video of Luigi singing and saying some words. He currently says the Portuguese version of his name "Luizinho", also says "Louie" and everything Leonel says, he copied his whole repertoire the "durka durr" catchphrase from South Park, "olá pequenino" and he has completely mastered the lovebird language. He does all the chirps to perfection only the volume isn't as powerful, thank God! :D
This video is just a little sample. I will post a better one soon.

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,238 Posts
He looks so happy and cute in that video! :) he is one of those budgies who can't be still or stay in a position! :) a curious and happy young boy! :D

Reactions: aluz

·
21,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What a handsome boy :) I love his light blue cheek patches!
Thank you, Joanna! I also love his colours, all his siblings have the same type of cheek patches instead of the more normal blue.

Oh, Aluz, he is sure a personable little guy. And how much cuter can they get in the pic of the two of them. Adorable! And a Happy 6 months to you Luigi.:)
Thanks, Lucy! I love the way he greets Khaleesi, there is always some kissing and after that off they go for a few laps across the room. :)

He looks so happy and cute in that video! :) he is one of those budgies who can't be still or stay in a position! :) a curious and happy young boy! :D
You are absolutely right, Despina! It's like he runs on never ending batteries that are always charged up the maximum! :D Khaleesi can only bare him for about 10 minutes and then comes back straight to me for some cuddles.

·
21,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awwww....thanks for sharing the cute pictures and video. Happy 6 months Luigi!
Luigi and I thank you, Julie! I'm glad you took the time to watch the video, too. :)

·
Administrator
60,602 Posts
Happy 6 month Day, Luigi!!

We loved your video -- we sang along with it. :)
Thanks for having a picture of Khaleesi celebrating with you... the two of you look great!

xoxo
Sunny & Sparky
Skipper & Scooter
Pedro, Poppy & Peachy

·
21,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What a cute little boy!!
Thanks for sharing pictures :)
Thank you, Vargur! It's a pleasure to share the pics here with everyone. :)

Aww Happy 6 months Luigi! He is such a handsome fellow!
He is just 18 days younger than Henry :)
Thank you, Rose! I see your Henry and my Luigi are very close in terms of age, that's good to know! :D

Happy 6 month Day, Luigi!!

We loved your video -- we sang along with it. :)
Thanks for having a picture of Khaleesi celebrating with you... the two of you look great!

xoxo
Sunny & Sparky
Skipper & Scooter
Pedro, Poppy & Peachy
Thank you, Deb and Faerybee flock! I'm sure you got to recognize one of the lovebirds high pitched chirps made by Luigi. ;)

Oh boy, seems like the same thing happened to me, Lucy! This has never happened before.
Mods, if possible, delete the post above this one. Thank you.

·
21,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cute video and pictures. If you guys keep showing pictures of cute lovebirds I feel I will be forced to acquire one :).
Thanks, Rick! Maybe one day you will end up with a lovebird, a bonded one makes a wonderful companion. :)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Aww, happy six month hatchday, Luigi!! :party: He's so cute. And the photo with Khaleesi is priceless! :)

Reactions: aluz

·
21,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aww, happy six month hatchday, Luigi!! :party: He's so cute. And the photo with Khaleesi is priceless! :)
Thanks, Kelly! Luigi always gets overexcited whenever I bring Khaleesi out for some play time. :)

He is pretty. Looks like he likes to sit on the camera. Lol
Thank you, Heidi! Indeed he loves the camera a bit too much and is always wanting to perch on it. It's either that or the top of my head! :D
Makes it hard sometimes to take a picture or record a video, because he is all over the place and can't stand still for a while. :giggle:

·
21,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Happy 6 months to you Luigi, you such a handsome boy!! I hope you have many more years to come!!
Thanks Kimberly, I also hope to have him for many years, 10 at the very least! :D

Congrats! He looks like such a curious little fellow. He is very cute. Love his colours!
Thanks, Madonna! Oh yes, Luigi is quite a character and a very sweet boy too! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.