Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used Robyn's (Huskymama) advice of taking away the food cup for a little while to continue with the bonding process... and it worked! I took away their seeds cups for about an hour, then offered a palm full of seed, and she went for it! I was so excited :D Thanks Robyn!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se4qD44T7Ho"]Shrimp Eating - YouTube[/nomedia]

·
Budgie Nut
3,087 Posts
Yay! WTG Shrimp (and you!) Food conquers all again -
i should know....................show me a chocolate bikkie
and i'll do anything! :laughing:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
So cute! I love the little grab and go she did at the beginning! My pet store scardies will eat out of my hand when I take the seed out for awhile too and they are just the same. Holding their bodies as far away while still grabbing some! Well except Bell, who isn't afraid of me she just hates my guts. So if she wants the seed she barrels in to get it scattering everyone in her wake!

I wish in had know then what you all have taught me and did things like you are., you will have a handful of budgies before too long!

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
Very cool...I do the same with millet and broccli. The girls only get them sparingly and climb onto my hand to eat after a minute or two of cautious pecking. I am gonna start moving the whole process closer to the door and before you know it....they will be stepping out for their treat.....:D

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
So sweet, I'm glad she's making good progress with you! :D Shrimp will be hopping to your hands in no time!

·
Member of the Month September 2012
3,723 Posts
Wonderful! Way to go, Jill! Good girl, Shrimp Boat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.