Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow budgie lovers!
If there is another thread responding to this issue please be so kind to signpost me... I really couldn't find it!

I'm treating my budgie (4 months old) for mites with ivermectin (Xeno 50-Mini (9) (per pipette) doing one drop on my budgie per week for 3 weeks. After the 2 week I saw no improvements and it was actually getting worse... his beak is clearly scaly, I saw blood on him, still lots of mites in the water and I even saw a couple of fat mites crawling on the floor of the cage (I clean everyday and use white paper for lining so I can see them...).

I was desperate to see him so uncomfortable and I decided to give him the third drop a bit earlier in the week and this time to make sure it got into the skin on his neck.

Now I see he threw up a bit and I'm so scared he might have eaten the ivermectin or that I overdosed him... He is acting normal I just saw a bit of sick under one of his usual perches. Any recommendations? Should I phone the vet immediately or is this normal?

Thank you so much!

Joana

·
Super Moderator
5,262 Posts
I would consult with an avian vet since what you have been doing has not produced any improvement, aside from the fact that the bird is vomiting, a vomiting bird should be seen by a vet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.