Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering Jazzy's mutation. She is yellow with light green on her belly (reccesive pied?) But her wings and back have no black feathers at all. Only more light green flecks.

Here's two photos
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313203153.988520.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1313203185.383446.jpg

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The photos are not clear enough to tell but she could be a spangle or a spangle pied

·
Registered
100 Posts
Need clearer pics but it looks like Dilute Pied at this stage.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Definitely dominant pied. Looks very similar to mine (attached), which is Opaline Dilute Green. So I would say DOMINANT PIED DILUTE GREEN.

RipBudgies and Nev will have the final say.

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
I would say she is a recessive pied dilute green spangle. I am new to mutations however so I could be wrong. I am sure Barrie or Nev could tell you more :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I see no Spangle. But I do see a Dilute Pied. As it is still baby wait for the iris rings to appear and if it gets them it is a Dutch Pied if not a Danish Pied. It is not a Aust Dom Pied as the body colour is positioned all wrong for it.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
RIP is right about the positioning of the body colour being wrong for a dominant pied, so dutch pied is more likely

Because I breed my birds for colour and mutation, not for showing, I often mix spangle with pied. This is something that show breeders are unlikely to do. This bird looks very similar to many of the spangle pieds I have bred

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.