Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member of the Month July 2013
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Johnny has changed colour - he was a beautiful blue but now is a greenish/blue - I dunno colour! :laugh: I hope these photo's show it - one bonus - he did not bite me AT ALL today! Yay! :whoo::bowdown::jumping1:

Can anyone tell me what he's called now please?

THEN

NOW

·
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The chest feathers are a lot greener than they appear here - unless it's my monitor? It's like ... there ARE *some* blue feathers, but they seem to be overlaid with a fine layer of yellow - thus making him green.

In the last pic, you can just see an area about 1 cm round that is quite blue, on his chest area. And he has this gorgeous indigo blue in his tail - but he's changed significantly! :S

Not that I overly mind - it's just ... odd! It's like someone swapped him for a different colour! :wow:

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,121 Posts
The reason for the change is due to him being a Yellowface type II. Type II means the yellow bleeds into the body. So your blue bird takes on a green tinge (yellow+blue=green) he is gorgeous either way :)

·
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Li, and AnnMarie - and yes, it is like havng a new bird! :laugh: How funky!

G

·
The reason for the change is due to him being a Yellowface type II. Type II means the yellow bleeds into the body. So your blue bird takes on a green tinge (yellow+blue=green) he is gorgeous either way :)
i was going to say this very same thing! :D

he's gorgeous tho :D

He's really pretty :D

·
Budgie ESL tutor
1,461 Posts
What a beautiful color! Nice that you can almost look forward to molts and not just dread the feather explosion and the discomfort our birdies go through. You can be a little excited about what he will look like afterward! Cool!

Pitchii also changed dramatically after her first molt - she lost her yellow face!! :eek: :eek: It never came back. That's pretty weird, right?

·
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys - you all rock! :)

I think we need a Charmeleon section - I truly did have it at the back of my mind that he might have been sick - you know, when cere's change dramatically, it can be indicative of certain illnesses? AND, even though he passed his vet check with flying colours (pardon the pun! :laugh:), and he's still little, yeah, it was a thought! :eek:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
He's a Normal Goldenface Skyblue.

The colour transition occurs after a moult. He'll turn a lot greener through his next successive moults. :)

I wouldn't say he is a Yellowface mutant 2, as his green is way too deep for a YF2's seafoam green shade.

Here's how a Yellowface mutant 2 Skyblue normal would have looked like.

Johnny's Green is much deeper. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.