Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a while ago I asked on here what color mutation Juliet was and the conclusion was this: Yellow-Face Type 2 Reccessive Sky Blue Pied Greywing

That was when she was approximately 6 months old. Well, now she's about a year old and her whole body had been taking on a yellowish tint. It started a few months ago and it's really yellow now. I'm attaching two pictures- the first is a before picture the second I took a few days ago.

So is she still the same color mutation? What could have caused this? Will it pass on to their babies? Really confused...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The yellow face color mutation is usually lighter when a chick is young. After the first molt the yellow usually gets much brighter. This can change the look of your birds body color drastically. This doesn't change your birds color mutation just the intensity of it. She is still called a Yellow-Face Type 2, Sky Blue, Recessive Pied, Greywing.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, thank you for the explanation! I remember this happening with my budgie Sky as well, (I think she was the excat same mutation actually) I just didn't notice it as much with her. So does this mean her base color is white? (out of the two base colors white and yellow)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.