Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from a trip with my boyfriend to London - first time I've been there, and I LOVE it. Reminds me of my home city a little, just ten times as big :D

Got some neat photos up, went to the zoo and everything!

Technically it was a holiday within a holiday as I didn't return back home, but to my 'home-base' in Wales. I love the UK! Have to go home in a few weeks which I'm a bit sad about but should be able to come back next year hopefully!

This Peacock had heaps of fun hitting on my boyfriend who was chuffed! I believe it's an Indian green peafowl but not sure.

The London Zoo Aquarium - the Dragon Scale fish were AWESOME.

Buckingham Palace:

So much fun! I love being a tourist =D

·
Registered
314 Posts
: Just returned from London (to Wales)

So glad you liked the UK. I live in Manchester. I have a very good friend in Perth . They love it. They have been there nearly 30 years. I have never been though. Dont like flying. I could never leave England although Australia sounds and looks lovely.Except for the sharks and snakes and spiders.Like some of your sun though.

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,823 Posts
Wow, those pics are amazing! Especially the ones of the peacock!
Thanks for sharing your holiday pics with us. :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
How beautiful! I absolutely love London. It's one of my "need a holiday to recharge" destinations. Even though I'm on the continent thanks to living close to a convenient airport, it's day-trip distance for me. Your photos are amazing! That peacock is picture postcard material!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Very nice photos. :) it's always nice when tourists have a good time over here in the UK. :) the peafowl is simply a green peafowl, or Javan peafowl (what I usually call them) but that is for the one we have where I work, where the subspecies of green peafowl we have is endemic to the island of Java.

·
Servant of The King
12,008 Posts
Wow...sweet pic's....love that peacock, never seen one that color, I'd love to have one. Sound's like you had a great trip, thank's for sharing...:)

·
Member of the Month August 2015
1,634 Posts
Hi Caro... sounds like a nice time for you in London. Was the weather cooperative?? Great photos.
I love London as well. Never enough time to do all the things I want to do/see while there. As I'm a book lover, I always have to visit the legendary Charing Cross Rd... :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually yes the weather has been in a remarkably good mood lol. Sunny and mild, last time I was here was in Summer, that was also really nice weather. I mainly came this time of year (feb - may) to see if I like the colder weather - yep! Plan on moving here so want to suss the basic stuff out first haha.

Thanks for all the lovely comments!

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,323 Posts
Hey Caro beautiful photos. I am glad that you and your boyfriend had a wonderful time in London... I haven't been out of Australia guess I'm scared to go overseas by myself. But there is still so much to see in Australia.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful photos with us. Maybe one day I will go...

·
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
4,238 Posts
I loved these photos!! I wish I could go to England someday! It's a 3+ hour flight from here! Seems you had a great time there! :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I'm *really* not a fan of the flight times (20-22 hours without stopovers) :( but I suppose that's the price you pay for a long-distance relationship :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone at home again but will def be sad to go!

·
Registered
12,566 Posts
Wow you certainly know how to take amazing pictures:D I am glad you had such a great time I originally came from Manchester a long time ago LOL. I recently went back with my sister and our childhood house is still standing brought back many fond memories. I too don't like the long flights but how lucky are we to be able to go from one side of the world to another ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.