Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
It's always hard to tell from photos. Here is a link to their journal:
http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=71792

I have nO idea if I got true violets. 3 of the babies are a nice purple color like mama (they have the exact same mutation) on the yf sky blue opaline greywing, I thought I saw violet but I'm not sure. I'd need an expert opinion.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It's always hard to tell from photos. Here is a link to their journal:
http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=71792

I have nO idea if I got true violets. 3 of the babies are a nice purple color like mama (they have the exact same mutation) on the yf sky blue opaline greywing, I thought I saw violet but I'm not sure. I'd need an expert opinion.
I'd say you have some Violet Babies :)

in the last pic of all the babies on the link you posted here- on thread number 153 - The baby with her/his back to the camera on the higher part of the rope - Looks Identical To what Bella looks like in person - Body color wise the only difference (and it could just be the picture) between your baby and Bella is Bella's is more Vibrant I guess is the right word her color in person stands out in a crowd - and you can tell that she's Purple She doesn't look light colored in person like how the grey wing lightens the body color So maybe she is actually Cobalt Violet and the grey wing is lightening her making her just look plain ole' Purple

I'm half tempted to find out what kinds of lights those 4-H buildings use Because I was probably at least 5 feet away from her and she stood out to me and I told my b./f I want her! he had to get close to know which bird i was even talking about LOL

I'm pretty sure they just use standard Long tube Florecent Lights and if so I'm half tempted just to buy one - for a lamp or something so I can get their true colors better Lol

i guess for now I'll just call her purple :p I don't like calling her (or my others who are dark purple) Violet - because to me Violet is a very light pale purple.. When they're not light or Pale How can that be violet Lol :giggle: I love my purple budgies :D

·
Member of the Month
3,184 Posts
:) I think they're violet, too. But I don't knownthe parentage of the mom and dad, so I'm only guessing. I got 3 babies that looked like that and that's exactly what my Purl looks like. Everyone who sees her comments on how purple she is. So I say she's a violet cobalt. :) I love my purple birds, too.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.