Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zeus and Ariel's babies are pretty much weaned, the oldest is and will be going to his new home soon, I'm keeping the younger 2, the youngest still takes hand feedings the Middle child only when she feels like it (just like a woman huh lol)

well I thought I had the Middle child figured out - she's Violet sky blue Cinnamon Opaline

then as she grew i realized the top half of her chest was white (no color) also the "V" on the back of the wings has a Huge white spot too

yesterday I noticed the white area looked grey- I thought she took a bath and that's why it looked grey

When I had her out a little bit ago she flew into my bathroom (best lighting in my house btw lol) and i realized its still grey where it was white

it was top chest was white bottom half was violet sky blue

now its top chest is a greyish color while the bottom half is still violet sky blue

These are the best pics i was able to get she won't hold still lol

back view - the white spot doesn't show up white in the pic but it is in person

Oops accidentally cut her head off

then one last one before she got bored and flew back into my room(my bathroom is attached to my room)

so now I am thinking she's a Grey Violet Opaline Cinnamon

it's possible since her mom is Albino and could be masking Grey and I wouldn't know since her previous mate was Grey

Her dad is violet sky blue cinnamon

and since I'm at it here's the oldest- I know what he is but He posed so pretty I'll just toss his pic on here too

his new soon to be mom has named him Didgit

P.S. I tried taking pics w/out flash but they were just a blur So there was flash used in the pictures but What you see on her is pretty much how i see her minus the big white spot on the "V" of the neck not coming out white.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Pretty girl! Will be interesting to see her colours when she becomes an adult! :)
Sorry, i cant help with figuring out her colour mutation. She is beautiful though :D

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I don't know if the effect you have in your chick is the same as the one in this photo but it is sometimes seen in cinnamons and it all disappears at the first moult.

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's a little bit like that

I wondered why it just came out of no where lol she's only a month and half old so it'll be a while before she molts but I'll keep an eye on her and see if it goes away or darkens or what not

Thanks

I don't know if the effect you have in your chick is the same as the one in this photo but it is sometimes seen in cinnamons and it all disappears at the first moult.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Do you sometimes have trouble letting them go to their new homes? How do you keep from getting attached to them? Do you keep photos of the birds you have raised and do you ever hear back from your customers about updates on the birds? Don't mean to be nosey...just curious as I have never known anyone who breeds pets. I would want to keep them all for myself : )

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you sometimes have trouble letting them go to their new homes? How do you keep from getting attached to them? Do you keep photos of the birds you have raised and do you ever hear back from your customers about updates on the birds? Don't mean to be nosey...just curious as I have never known anyone who breeds pets. I would want to keep them all for myself : )
I used to have problems letting them go But over the years its just gotten easier - plus I don't allow my self to get attached to them :)

I keep only what I need for future breeding and yes I have pictures of all my babies in my photo bucket accounts

some people keep in touch some don't.

·
Long Term Active Member Award April 2015
4,532 Posts
HEHE... I recently bred for the 1st time... I had 2 budgies... got 4 chicks... I now have 6 budgies...lol. No one went to a new home!!

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HEHE... I recently bred for the 1st time... I had 2 budgies... got 4 chicks... I now have 6 budgies...lol. No one went to a new home!!
lol i started out like that, then I not only had way too many birds but they were all becoming related to each other so I had to thin out my flock and Make my self ONLY keep what I need for future breeding (since my biggest part of breeding is mutation) I breed for temperament too but all my budgies have great temperaments so I basically keep them for size and color

but after doing it for a while your just immune i guess to getting attached but I know once my bigger birds(the ringnecks, Quakers and if I ever find my grey a mate) I'm going to be in a lot of trouble I had a hard time selling my one and only baby Green Cheek conure I've had .. well the Quakers won't be so bad because I know how a lot of them sound now having 4 So I won't want to add to that noise LOL But for the most part my Ringnecks are quiet so those babies would pose a problem for me lol and I already know I love baby Green cheeks LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.