Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If my baby Fluffy has green pattern on its wings instead of black does that make it an opaline? Also we just discovered this morning that it has a splash of blue under its tail and round its legs (which is kinda cool ;) ) where does that fit in genetically and if Herbie and Salty have more babies are we more likely to get multi- coloured babies? I have got pics of them in other threads but will add them again here. Salty is actually a little more grey in real life than in the pic.

·
Member of the Month
7,575 Posts
Both parents are opaline. If the green one has a green pattern on the wings instead of a black pattern, it is also spangle. Opaline is a reversed striping pattern on the head (thin black stripes with thicker green stripes in green budgies as opposed to thicker black stripes and thin green stripes. In blue budgies, it's think black stripes with thicker white stripes as opposed to thicker black stripes and thinner white stripes). In other words, the colour on the head of opaline budgie are lighter.

Spangle is reversed striping pattern on the wings (same pattern as opaline). :)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
he there,

i am seeing spangle markings on the wings... so i would think spangle opaline... but that means one parent would need to be a spangle opaline too...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm seems like I will have to try and get a better pic of Herbie and Salty which could be tricky as they are not in the least tame. I have taken a couple more of Fluffy today, but he/she was feeling very camera shy and wouldn't sit still so they aren't the best but will them add once I have uploaded them to photobucket

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a new pic of Fluffy, taken on Monday this week. So aged 27 days :)

and this one the next day, it wouldn't keep still to have this pic taken which is why it is a bit blurry

If you look carefully enough you can just spot the little splash of blue under it's tail. Can anyone tell me if we have a boy or a girl? Please :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.